This versatile passionfruit syrup is perfect for a Pornstar Martini, but is honestly great for every sort of soda: Coca Cola, Fanta, Ginger Ale, Iced Tea, you name it.
I prefer my mocktail with 20ml passionfruit syrup, 15ml Fresh Lime Juice, Sparkling Water and a mint sprig (or three). A lot of pornstar martini recipes call for passionfruit puree, but this syrup is richer, cheaper, easier to make and (because there's no pulp left) better mixable in a drink. Here's the specs:
This'll make you:
250ml syrup with a fridge shelf life of at least 4 weeks
You'll be using:
150 grams sugar
1. Cut your passionfruits in half and scoop the pulp out into your saucepan.
2. Add 150 grams sugar and 150ml water.
3. Bring to a boil, and once boiling, bring to simmer.
4. Let everything simmer for 1 minute, then take of the stove.
5. Put the lid on your pan and let it cool down for half an hour.
6. Strain everything through a fine strainer and you're done!
Check De Cocktail Consultant for more blogs, products and services.